DIY: Washi tape paper stars


My first DIY post, hooray! :)

I just want to say that I am totally addicted to washi tapes right now and I am a harder! I got them from an independent seller here in the Philippines, HeyKessy and in Lasting Impressions, a local craft store in San Juan, Manila, Philippines.

Some tapes from my stash :)

Okay, moving on with our tutorial, paper stars, also known as 'lucky paper stars' is a childhood arts and crafts treat that is easy and really fun to do. My best friend and I used to make paper stars with glittered papers which looks like they are shining when placed in a jar. We love to use different colors and kinds of paper and in different sizes and I thought, 'Hey, why not use washi tapes too?'


So on with our show, we basically need just three things:
  • Paper
  • Scissors
  • And of course, washi tapes!



First, we just need to slide and tape the washi to the paper. Remember to stick it properly and cover the entire paper. You can do this one tape design at a time to avoid crumpling the pages.


Second, cut the excess washi tape. I used a non-stick scissors so that it wont get sticky when we fold the stars.

Third, cut along the washi covered paper so that you'll get a paper strip to make your paper stars.



Fourth,  just follow this very simple instruction by Folding trees on how to make a simple paper star and you are in good hands :)



Make as many as you want, place them in a jar, stick them to your wall, make a mobile or trade stars with your friends. The possibilities are endless!




Hope you had fun!

Love Always,

Gelibee